Image via Wikipedia
When it becomes necessary to pack for your next trip, think positive. These fast and easy packing tips will keep you happily organized and stress free.
- Use a list.
- Pack only the clothing you need. Think about your destination. Will there be a washer and dryer nearby? Less is truly more when you consider the clothing you pack.
- Roll up your clothing over folding it. You’ll have more space in your suitcase.
- Consider purchasing samples of your favorite toothpaste, lotion, deodorant and other toiletries for the trip instead of bringing along large containers that may be disposed of at the check-out point. Place them in Ziploc bags in case of leakage, and keep the bag in your carry-on in case they need to be examined at the check-point.
- Pack a change of clothes in a carry-on bag. If your suitcase winds up on the wrong plane you have a change of clothes before your suitcase gets back to you.
- Pack socks inside shoes, and take only the shoes you really need. If you’re going to a warm climate, wear your sneakers and pack your sandals. Sandals can be worn with shorts or dresses.
- Leave some extra space in your suitcase or carry-on bag for souvenirs.
- Organize only one suitcase and one carry-on. Any extra bags will more than likely cost you extra money.
- Pack some extra Ziploc bags (large and small) for placing wet items upon your return. Bags like these are good for a swimsuit that’s not completely dry when you must pack for home.
Simplicity is the key to packing for your next trip. Keep it simple and the organization will come naturally.